Apple Tuna Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pouch (7.1 ounces) light water-packed tuna
- 1/2 cup chopped red apple
- 6 slices reduced-calorie bread, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in tuna and apple. Spread 1/2 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread. Top with lettuce and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 286 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Sep 10, 2016
This was really good! Definitely a good healthy recipe.
Dec 10, 2015
This is fantastic! I used it as a garnish to my fresh made foccacia bread. Thank you very much for sharing,
Oct 24, 2015
Was really good, Best Apple Tuna I've ever Had! Doubled Recipe, halved and added 2 Hard Boiled Eggs with 1Tsp Parsley to 1 half, Both Where Great.
Feb 4, 2015
This was delicious! I am not a fan of tuna, but I enjoyed this recipe. The only substitution I made was green onion for the yellow onion just as a personal preference. Will definitely make this again.
Sep 5, 2014
I've never had any not like this. Don't be afraid to put the apple in.
Nov 29, 2013
I don't like tuna, but this recipe is excellent with chicken instead. Favorite lunch sandwich filling for spring and summer.
Aug 2, 2013
Replaced my old tuna recipe! My kids and I are loving the apples and celery! Light, great texture, delicious!
Jul 31, 2013
Great taste and easy! We did not make a sandwich, but used it as a side salad for lunch. Substituted red onion, slivered almonds and a bit of pepper and salt. Will definitely make again.
Jul 6, 2013
I've been making this tuna salad since the recipe was in the magazine in the 90s. It's my favorite way to eat tuna...delicious!
Jun 15, 2013
makes tuna salad a bit more special