- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 large apples, peeled and shredded
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended. Add biscuit mix and bacon; stir just until moistened. Fold in apples and cheese.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle, spreading batter with the back of a spoon as necessary. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with butter and syrup. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Reviews forApple-Cheddar Pancakes with Bacon
"We really didn't care for these. They weren't awful like we couldn't eat them, they just tasted a little odd to us. Maybe we're just too used to sweet pancakes."
"What a deliciously different recipe! My husband and I really enjoyed these pancakes with our brunch and I can't wait to make them again!"