Angela’s XOXO Shortbread Brownies
Everyone loves a brownie. This one has a buttery crust with a sweet finish, thanks to the touch of candy on top. —Angela Kamakana Baptista , Hilo, Hawaii
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 8 striped chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 8 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup M&M's Minis
- In a large bowl, mix flour and sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare brownie mix batter according to package directions; spread over crust. Bake 23-28 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Immediately top with kisses and M&M's, spacing evenly and pressing down lightly to adhere. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
Originally published as Shortbread Brownies in Taste of Home August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.