Angel Peach Melba
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 loaf loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 10 slices
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves, drained
- 2-1/2 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a small bowl, combine raspberries and sugar; set aside. Place cake slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut a hole in the center of each slice. Remove cutouts and set aside.
- Place cake slices in individual bowls; place a peach half, cut side up, in each hole. Top with a scoop of frozen yogurt and reserved cake cutouts. Drizzle with raspberry mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 177 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 5, 2009
This was absolutely marvelous, very easy to make, and greatly impressed the future mother-in-law too! :D
Dec 25, 2008
I cubed the angel food cake the second time I made this. It was much easier to eat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.