Angel Berry Tunnel Cake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 8 cups whipped topping
- Additional berries, optional
- With a serrated knife, slice off the top 1/2 in. of the cake; set aside. Cut a tunnel about 2 in. deep in the cake, leaving a 3/4-in. shell. Remove cake from tunnel; cut into 1-in. cubes.
- Combine cake cubes, berries and half of the whipped topping; spoon into tunnel. Replace cake top.
- Frost with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with berries if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Jun 11, 2015
This is so easy and so YUMMY! It's always gone when I take it to a party. Anyone who's had it always make sure to get a piece first because it goes so quickly. Highly recommend it!
Mar 28, 2013
I misplaced my copy of this recipe, so I went on line to find it. I couldn't beleive no one had written a review on this cake! I get requests to make this dessert all the time. Super easy and delicious!