Boston Cream Angel Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon cold milk, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- In a large bowl, whisk 2 cups milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Split cake into three horizontal layers; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Replace cake top. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat hot fudge topping; stir in remaining milk. Drizzle over cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 275 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 31, 2019
It sounds delicious and I will probably make it… but I think I will use homemade lemon curd instead of pudding and make it a chocolate lemon angel food cake
May 29, 2013
So good. Very rich. Delicious.
Mar 17, 2012
This was delicious! I made this one night for dessert and found out that half of my family doesn't like angel food cake, but those of us who did eat it loved it! It was really good, extremely simple to make, and it didn't last long! I think it could definitely be made using sugar free ingredients to reduce carbs.
Aug 3, 2011
This was an amazing treat! I made for my Algebra 2 teacher last year and well. . . . Lets just say she never got it. It was amazing! And its so simple, probably the reason why I love this recipe so much.
Jul 10, 2011
This was easy, delicous and quick to make. It is a wonderful desert to have in the summer or anytime! I will be making this again & again maybe trying some different flavor puddings. J. Pettet
Apr 14, 2011
I made this cake using sugarfree pudding and sugarfree hot fudge ice cream topping. It was terrific and so easy to make. My guests thought I was in the kitchen for hours. My diabetic friends were also very thrilled.
Sep 4, 2009
are you being rude - what a joke? or was it just not good.
Aug 13, 2009
Can a sugar free pudding be substituted to bring down some carbsKimberlie769
Jul 6, 2009
Sounds delicious. Can"t wait to make it!!!