- 3 eggs
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Zucchini Pineapple Bread
Sort By :
"Very good but I substituted the white sugar for brown sugar made it even better and it didn't crumble"
"An excellent recipe which my family loves. The only problem I have is when I slice it the loaf crumbles. What can I do to present a beautiful sliced loaf of this scrumptious bread?"
"I went with BeachLass' suggestion and cut back the sugar to 11/2 cups and added 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut. I used pecans for the nuts, but left out the raisins (due to picky family members). It was very good and plenty sweet. I'm thinking I might try some rum and/or coconut extract instead of the spices next time for a pina colada zucchini bread. Thanks for another tasty way to use up that abundant zucchini."
"This is the exact same recipe that my Mom made back in 1974! I don't know where the original recipe came from but I just compared this one to the one that my Mom handwrote in an old cookbook that she gave to me years ago. I have made this many times and it is so yummy. The old recipe was given to her by a co-worker in Presque Isle, Maine. Interesting! Does anybody know the actual history of this recipe? The cookbook is dated 1974 and my Mom passed away 25 years ago."
"This is the best zucchini recipe by far! I added 1 cup of craisins to the mix and walnuts. Very moist and flavorful, I will definitely be making this again! The recipe is already in my recipe box!"