- 3 eggs
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, zucchini, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; stir into egg mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts and raisins if desired.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews for Zucchini Pineapple Bread
Sort By :
"This is the exact same recipe that my Mom made back in 1974! I don't know where the original recipe came from but I just compared this one to the one that my Mom handwrote in an old cookbook that she gave to me years ago. I have made this many times and it is so yummy. The old recipe was given to her by a co-worker in Presque Isle, Maine. Interesting! Does anybody know the actual history of this recipe? The cookbook is dated 1974 and my Mom passed away 25 years ago."
"This is the best zucchini recipe by far! I added 1 cup of craisins to the mix and walnuts. Very moist and flavorful, I will definitely be making this again! The recipe is already in my recipe box!"
"Great recipe, nice and moist. My husband thought it was better than the chocolate zucchini bread I just made and he loves chocolate. I drained the zucchini after I grated it in the food processor. Next time I may add dried cranberrries or golden raisins. I should have this time. I'll make this recipe again, maybe this week."
"LOVE this! I cut the sugar down to 1 1/2 c (simply because we dont like real sweet things in my house) and added 1/2 C coconut. YUM MIE!!! Thanks for the receipe."
"I LOVE this, I add organic cranberries, YUMM!"