- 2 small zucchini
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Marinara or Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, warmed
- Cut zucchini into 3-in. x 1/2-in. x 1/2-in. pieces. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg white. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal and seasonings. Dip zucchini in egg white, then roll in flour mixture.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spray with additional cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Fries for 2
Sort By :
"Low carb version: I made these using just Parmesan cheese instead of flour and corneal, and seasoned the Parmesan coating with garlic and pepper. They were good! The bigger the piece the better, in that they stayed firmer. I used small to medium sized zucchini's, cut it in 2 (in the middle, not lengthwise) then quartered each half. Sprinkled them with lemon juice before eating with ranch dressing."
"The best ever!!!!"
"These fries are delicious and a tasty new way to use up zucchini. I used 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper instead of chili powder, whole egg, & dipped them in ranch dressing. I love that they're baked & not deep fried."
"Very good, with a little added garlic. I didn't have a red sauce, so I used Durango Diner Green Chili Sauce ... and sprinkled fries with parmasean cheese. That gave them a lot of pizzaz!!"
"Similar to what I do already - added bread crumbs - whole egg - DELICIOUS!!! I eat them plain, husband ate them with RANCH dressing."