- 2 small zucchini
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Marinara or spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Cut zucchini into 3-in. x 1/2-in. x 1/2-in. pieces. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg white. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal and seasonings. Dip zucchini in egg white, then roll in flour mixture.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; spray with additional cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Zucchini Fries for 2
Sort By :
The best ever!!!!
These fries are delicious and a tasty new way to use up zucchini. I used 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper instead of chili powder, whole egg, & dipped them in ranch dressing. I love that they're baked & not deep fried.
Very good, with a little added garlic. I didn't have a red sauce, so I used Durango Diner Green Chili Sauce ... and sprinkled fries with parmasean cheese. That gave them a lot of pizzaz!!
Similar to what I do already - added bread crumbs - whole egg - DELICIOUS!!! I eat them plain, husband ate them with RANCH dressing.
love these fries! make them once a week during the summer. I like to double the garlic powder and use freshly ground pepper!!!! A summer favorite!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- French Fries >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >