Zucchini Chip Snack Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in oil and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 410 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 12, 2015
Really good. The chocolate chips add just the right amount of sweetness. I add walnuts too.
Jan 25, 2014
So good and moist, loved the chips on the tops. Even my picky eater son in law, liked the snack cake!
Apr 20, 2013
SO yummy! I substituted the oil with natural applesauce & decreased the sugar to 1 1/2 c. It was very moist! I added chopped pecans & coconut to the chocolate chips on top.
Aug 29, 2011
I put Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting on it and every one eats it alive!!
Aug 13, 2011
Mmmmm....my favorite way to use excess zucchini!!! :)
Sep 25, 2010
I make this recipe all the time. My coworkers love it too.
May 19, 2009
I make this a few times every year during zucchini season. It always gets compliments and recipe requests.