- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, zucchini, onions, basil and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut bread into 18 slices; spread butter on both sides. In a large skillet or griddle, toast bread on both sides or until lightly browned. Cut each slice in half; use a slotted spoon to top each with tomato mixture. Yield: 3 dozen.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Zucchini Feta Bruschetta
Sort By :
"First bruschetta I've made that had zucchini as an ingredient. Absolutely delicious.....a keeper! I will definitely be making this again. Like several other raters, I also used dried basil."
"This is yummy! I use the crusty premade garlic toasts from the bakery. Always a big hit."
"I think I'm addicted to this! I too did not have any fresh basil, nor did I have green onions, so I used 2 teaspoons dried basil and 1 teaspoon dried chopped onions."
"This is one of my favorite bruschetta recipes. I just love all the flavors in this one. I highly recommend it."
"for my grand daughter baby shower we served this and it was a hit .we had it at the park"