Zucchini & Cheese Casserole
My daughter and I love zucchini, and this casserole uses plenty for a hearty fall side dish. For extra color, I add fresh diced tomatoes. Rachelle Stratton, Rock Springs, Wyoming
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 small zucchini, chopped (about 7 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups crushed Rice Chex
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons
- butter over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion; cook and stir
- 10-12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl; cool
- In a microwave, melt remaining butter. Drizzle over cereal and toss
- to coat.
- Stir cheese, eggs, salt and pepper into zucchini mixture; transfer to
- a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. Sprinkle with cereal mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10
- minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 260 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 778 mg sodium,