Zesty Lemon Granita Recipe
A light dessert with a refreshing, icy texture, one taste tester dubbed this “the most lemony thing I’ve ever eaten”! Sonya Labbe - Santa Monica, California
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice and thyme. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish; cool to room temperature.
- Remove thyme sprigs. Freeze for 1 hour; stir with a fork. Freeze 2-3 hours longer or until completely frozen, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Stir granita with a fork just before serving; spoon into dessert dishes. Garnish with lemon peel. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Zesty Lemon Granita in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p27
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Zesty Lemon Granita(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Italian Desserts >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >