Lemony Snack Mix
I'm on a gluten-restricted diet. I came up with this snack mix one day when I wanted something fast and easy that tasted like lemon bars. It makes a great gift, and folks love the light and fresh citrus flavor. —Patricia Sensenich, Olanthe, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups Rice Chex
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup yellow coarse sugar, optional
- Place cereals in a large bowl. In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt baking chips with lemon zest and juice; stir until smooth. Stir in butter until blended.
- Pour over cereal; toss to coat. Add confectioners' sugar and, if desired, coarse sugar; toss to coat. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 288 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Buddies in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018