Winter Squash Casserole Recipe
Years ago, our vegetable garden kept us well supplied all year long. Dad stored huge piles of potatoes and squash in the coldest part of the basement. In winter the squash was so hard. Mother sometimes used an ax to cut it into small pieces for cooking! Her hard work was worth it, because we really enjoyed this wonderful casserole!
- 6 cups mashed winter squash
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour int a ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Combine topping ingredients and crumble over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Winter Squash Casserole in Reminisce January/February 1994, p49
Reviews for Winter Squash Casserole(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >