Winter Day Dinner Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Place half of the potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; layer with meat mixture, peas and remaining potatoes. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Pour over potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Winter Day Dinner(2)
Sort By :
My husband loved this dish! I omitted the peas and used red potatoes. Yum! -Lori in WI.
I always know when I have made a dinner that my husband loves. He will always tell me that "You burned some pretty good slop, tonight Woman."
Happy to say this recipe was the best. I thought I would have some left for lunch the next day. Between my hubby and son there was nothing left.
It's really easy to make an it's delicious. Making it again tonight for dinner. This time I'll take out some for my lunch before I call everyone to dinner.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >