Williamsburg Inn Turkey Soup Recipe
- 1 turkey carcass (from a 12- to 14-pound turkey)
- 4 quarts water
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large kettle, cook turkey carcass with water to make 3-qt. stock. Remove bones; reserve meat for soup. Strain stock; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the onions, celery, carrots, rice and 1 qt. of stock. Cook for 20 minutes; set aside.
- In a large soup kettle, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Add cream and remaining 2-qts. stock. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the reserved turkey and vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Heat through. Yield: 4 to 4-1/2 quarts.
Reviews for Williamsburg Inn Turkey Soup(3)
Sort By :
I really like this soup recipe. I added some spices as I didn't have the carcass to make my broth. Instead I used bullion and poultry seasoning. To smoke it a bit I added some pureed chipolte pepper in adobo sauce (my new favourite flavour enhancer). I would have added a bit more veggies, rice and turkey to have it be a bit meatier. Overall it is a great recipe to make and tweak for your family's tastes!
This is the BEST turkey soup you will ever eat! I have been known to cook a turkey specifically to make this soup! It also freezes very well so you can enjoy it again at a later date.
When I make this again I will add some bullion or more seasoning.Other than that it was very god and filling
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Soup Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Turkey Recipes >