- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound ground beef or venison
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup each finely chopped celery, onion and carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, brown bacon and the beef or venison; drain. Add the seasonings; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, celery, onion, carrots and green pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Stir in beans; cook 30 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Wild West Chili
Sort By :
I made this chili for my son's first birthday party which had a western theme. It was a hit! Everyone wanted the recipe. It was fine just as it was but I did add cumin and beer. Will definitely make it again. This is a keeper!
well, when the other half raves about a chili it has to be a winner. followed the recipe exactly and it was fine! will do again but will probably play with it a little. it will be a good football dinner dish.