Watermelon Spinach Salad Recipe
- POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, torn
- 2 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion powder and salt. Cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Continue processing while adding oil in a steady stream. Add onion and poppy seeds; process until blended.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, watermelon, grapes and raspberries; sprinkle with almonds. Serve with vinaigrette. Yield: 8 servings (about 1 cup vinaigrette).
1 cup: 234 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Watermelon Spinach Salad
"This is the best vinaigrette dressing I have ever had! I just loved this salad. The watermelon made it so different."