- 3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute zucchini in 1 teaspoon oil until crisp-tender; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute celery in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain noodles; place in a large bowl. Stir in the tuna, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, mustard, thyme, salt, pepper and celery mixture.
- Spoon half of the noodle mixture into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with half of the zucchini. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Combine tomato and basil; sprinkle over casserole. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Veggie-Tuna Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
Saved recipe just today. Looks and sounds wonderful. Totally agree with adding mushrooms.
Not only did I enjoy preparing this dish, it had the added benefit of being delicious! Another reviewer added mushrooms which I also agree would be a good addition. I will definitely make this again.
I sauteed quartered mushrooms with the celery. Knowing that my family does not like thyme, I put just over 1/4 tsp instead of the 1/2 tsp and it was still too much. The next time I make this I will try parsley instead of the thyme.
I also added in fresh mushrooms and cooked them with the celery. I would add more thyme. I did not have any basil. My neighbor sampled it and said she would take any left overs.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Fish >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >