- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh spinach, torn
- 1/2 cup flaked smoked salmon fillet
- 1 teaspoon pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Dash pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in spinach, salmon and jalapeno; cook 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and milk until smooth; stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cilantro and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Veggie Salmon Chowder
Sort By :
"This was great! My husband loved it! The smoked salmon adds a nice flavor. I added some sliced fresh Brussels sprouts to the pot at the beginning - tasted good. I can't say that the pickled jalapeños were very noticeable. Will definitely make this again!"
"added 1 more cup of chicken broth. Also a potato."
"This was very yummy! Only thing I didn't use was the jalapeno. Just added a bit of extra pepper and doubled the cilantro. Used a left-over grilled salmon filet rather than smoked salmon. Great way to make that left-over stretch a bit further!"