- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower; cook for 2-3 minutes. Drain and immediately place vegetables in ice water; drain and pat dry. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli mixture, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, olives, artichokes, sunflower kernels, basil and sun-dried tomatoes if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Veggie Bow Tie Salad in Country Woman February/March 2008, p27
Reviews for Veggie Bow Tie Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 19, 2010
I didn't quite have all the ingredients, but this salad still turned out great! It could only be better with the basil and cherry tomatoes. The vinaigrette is fantastic. I make extra of it so I can add more to leftovers.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2009
LOVE the vinagrette!