Mixed with a blend of parsley, basil, oregano and bread crumbs, soy crumbles make a delightful addition to these savory stuffed mushrooms. Arline Aaron of Brooklyn, New York shares the recipe.
- 14 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetarian meat crumbles, thawed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop; set mushroom caps aside. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute stems and onion in oil until tender. Stir in the bread crumbs, meat crumbles and seasonings; cook until bread crumbs are lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Stuff into mushroom caps. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and mushrooms are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 14 appetizers.
Originally published as Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms in Light & Tasty October/November 2007, p29
Reviews for Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2009
"I made these without the meat crumbles (just the sauteed stems,onion, and bread crumbs with seasonings) and they were delicious!"