- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, undrained
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic powder in oil until tender. Add the spaghetti sauce, beans, tomatoes, sugar, salt, oregano and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Drain spaghetti; top with sauce and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetarian Spaghetti in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p40
Reviews for Vegetarian Spaghetti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2008
"Great to see a veggie recipe! Please post more!Angela"
Reviewed Feb. 29, 2008
"The recipe sounds great, I intend to make it very soon."