A friend of mine who raised eggplant shared this recipe with me. This fast and delicious side will compliment most any entree. —Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 medium ear sweet corn, husk removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise; remove pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Cube removed pulp; set shells aside. Cut corn off the cob.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute eggplant pulp, corn, onion, tomato and garlic in oil until onion is tender. Stir in seasonings. Spoon mixture into reserved shells. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; pour water into dish.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable-Stuffed Eggplant in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p39
Reviews for Vegetable-Stuffed Eggplant
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review