This fresh-tasting dish is an easy all-in-one meal. The bacon, eggs and hash browns make it hearty. The green broccoli and red paprika give it a look that fits the season.
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in the skillet. Remove bacon to paper towel.
- In the same skillet, add the hash browns, broccoli, green pepper, onion and rosemary; cover and cook over low heat until hash browns are golden brown and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper; pour over hash browns. Top with bacon and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Frittata in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p11
Reviews for Vegetable Bacon Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review