My husband found this recipe when I called and informed him we were going to have guests for dinner. This tasty variation on traditional scalloped potatoes is dressed up with garlic, Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese. -Glenda Malan, Lake Forest, California
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Grease a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish with the butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, milk, salt, pepper and garlic. Cook just until bubbles begin to form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes; pat dry with paper towels. Layer half of the potatoes in prepared baking dish; top with half of the cream mixture and half of the cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p25
Reviews for Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review