Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Grease a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish with the butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, milk, salt, pepper and garlic. Cook just until bubbles begin to form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes; pat dry with paper towels. Layer half of the potatoes in prepared baking dish; top with half of the cream mixture and half of the cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ultimate Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
Found this recipe and thought I would try these for my large dinner party. I must say I was extremely disappointed as were all my guests! Even though I mixed the cream, milk, etc. and just brought it to bubbling around the edges...the finished product still curdled and looked gross!
Even the flavour was not exceptional and I had added rings of onion and crumbled bacon. I think I will stick to my own recipe of scalloped potatoes. Thanks anyway.....
So awesome-ly delicious! My whole family absolutely loves these. I also add bacon and onions. Portion control goes right out the window when these are on the menu!
Family liked recipe, next time I make it I will use onions and bacon, it could use the extra flavor.
These are the best scalloped potatoes, and the only ones I make any more! My daughter LOVES them and asks for them all the time!
These are awesome. I've substituted with other cheeses and had excellent results. I also add sliced onions and crumbled bacon. Yum!!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Au Gratin Potatoes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Scalloped Potato >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Side Dishes >