When I worked in the school library, my co-workers were my taste testers. They approved this healthy and happy spin on stuffed zucchini. —Stephanie Cotterman, West Alexandria, Ohio
- 6 medium zucchini
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup salad croutons, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut each zucchini lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; chop pulp.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion, celery, garlic and seasonings over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink, breaking up turkey into crumbles. Stir in croutons, 1/2 cup cheese and zucchini pulp. Spoon into zucchini shells.
- Transfer to two ungreased 13x9-in. baking dishes; add 1/4 in. water. Bake, covered, 30-35 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Sausage Zucchini Boats in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Reviews for Turkey Sausage Zucchini Boats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2015
"Fairly simple to make and they turned out tasty!"