Turkey Mushroom Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into the onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low. Add milk; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the spaghetti, turkey, mushrooms, seasoned salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Mushroom Tetrazzini(11)
Sort By :
I've been making turkey tetrazzini with leftover holiday turkey for years but having been looking for lighter versions of my favorites. This is an excellent lighter version of one of my favorites. Will be making this many times in the future!!!
I, too, thought it could have used more flavor, could be it depends on how the turkey was cooked originally. I may try adding some sage next time. Also like the idea of adding veggies.
Was good but lacking some flavor. I would probably marinate the turkey to help with the flavor next time I make it.
We thought this was excellent and had plenty of flavor. It was a great and different way to use up the leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
I didn't think this recipe had a ton of flavor, but my five-year-old, a picky eater, really liked it, so I'll probably make it again...just need to give it a little more flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >