"I use this recipe often for an easy Sunday dinner," writes Lois Woodward of Okeechoebee, Florida. The turkey breast gets a "holiday treatment" when served with cranberry gravy seasoned with cinnamon, cloves and allspice.
- 1 boneless turkey breast (3 to 4 pounds), halved
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Place the turkey skin side up in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, apple juice, vinegar, garlic, mustard, cinnamon, cloves and allspice; pour over turkey. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Remove turkey to a cutting board; keep warm. Strain cooking juices. In a saucepan, combine flour and water until smooth; gradually stir in strained juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in browning sauce if desired. Serve with sliced turkey. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Turkey in a Pot in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p42
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey in a Pot
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review