Turkey Biscuit Stew Recipe
Served over biscuits, this chunky stew from Lori Schlecht of Wimbledon, North Dakota makes a hearty supper. "It's a great way to use extra turkey," she says.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1 cup cooked whole baby carrots
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey, peas and carrots; heat through. Separate biscuits and arrange over the stew.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Biscuit Stew in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p45
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Turkey Biscuit Stew(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2008
Very good. Easy to make and tasty! A bit too much salt for my taste, but that is easy to adjust. I will be making this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Stew Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Stew Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >