- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook turkey until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the vegetables, salt, pepper and turkey; remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Place biscuits 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Transfer turkey mixture to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Place nine biscuits over turkey mixture. Bake potpie and remaining biscuit for 5-7 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Turkey Biscuit Pot Pie
Sort By :
"It was bland to me too. I also used leftover turkey instead of the ground turkey. It needs some more spices for the mixture."
"I forgot to mention that I also used leftover turkey, cubed instead of the ground turkey."
"It tasted a little bland to me, so I added 1/2 teaspoon cajun and 1 teaspoon garlic powder. Also, to the milk and flour I added a can of cream of chicken soup. My husband gave it a thumbs up."
"This is very easy to make. Next time I will add something for more flavor. It was very bland and no real flavor."
"I liked the simple cream mixture, but the biscuits were soggy on the bottom. Next time I will fully cook the biscuits and just place them on top before serving. I fixed roasted vidalia onions with this."