- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in the pineapple, coconut and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Reviews for Tropical Muffins(5)
Sort By :
A friend brought these to a meeting, and they were wonderful!! Moist, and delish!!!
NOT VERY GODD
I didn't have rum extract on hand but really wanted to try these,. I used half coconut extract and half vanilla extract. These muffins were amazing.
I baked these muffins & took them to my daughter in college and she asked for them again. These muffins are delicuous!!!