- 2 cups cubed peeled papaya
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine papaya, beans, avocado, corn, raisins, cilantro, orange juice, peppers, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper, sugar and salt.
- Place tortilla strips on a greased baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining chili pepper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Top salad with tortilla strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Fusion Salad with Spicy Tortilla Ribbons
Sort By :
"This salad was easy to make, and tasted excellent. I didn't buy enough fresh papaya, so I used some from a can in light syrup, which actually worked out really well. And leftover tortilla strips make a good snack anytime!"
"Tasty and filling. Made it for a women's gathering and ladies loved it plus it is healthy and easy to make. Thank you!"
"I never waste my time writing a review, but this recipe was too good not to. Highly recommended!"
"Very good salad - I made the salad because the cover photo looked so great. As I was making it I hoped that I would like it - I did! So yummy. I liked the tortilla strips. I only used one pepper"
"Awesome and no guilt because it is so healthy....all the flavors in one dish make it one I will certainly be making again!"