Fresh fruits and veggies pair up for a fantastic summer salad that's savory, sweet and spicy all at once. Make the tortilla strips with your pizza cutter—so easy! —Jennifer Fisher, Austin, Texas
- 2 cups cubed peeled papaya
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine papaya, beans, avocado, corn, raisins, cilantro, orange juice, peppers, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper, sugar and salt.
- Place tortilla strips on a greased baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining chili pepper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Top salad with tortilla strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tropical Fusion Salad with Spicy Tortilla Ribbons in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Fusion Salad with Spicy Tortilla Ribbons
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review