- 2 cups cubed peeled papaya
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine papaya, beans, avocado, corn, raisins, cilantro, orange juice, peppers, lime juice, vinegar, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper, sugar and salt.
- Place tortilla strips on a greased baking sheet; spritz with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining chili pepper. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Top salad with tortilla strips. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Fusion Salad with Spicy Tortilla Ribbons
"Dressing was delicious and the flavors came together nicely."
"This salad was easy to make, and tasted excellent. I didn't buy enough fresh papaya, so I used some from a can in light syrup, which actually worked out really well. And leftover tortilla strips make a good snack anytime!"
"Tasty and filling. Made it for a women's gathering and ladies loved it plus it is healthy and easy to make. Thank you!"
"I never waste my time writing a review, but this recipe was too good not to. Highly recommended!"
"Very good salad - I made the salad because the cover photo looked so great. As I was making it I hoped that I would like it - I did! So yummy. I liked the tortilla strips. I only used one pepper"