- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (20 ounces) chunk pineapple, drained
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Salad greens, optional
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts or cashew halves
- Place chicken and celery in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and curry powder; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the pineapple, bananas, oranges and coconut; toss gently. Serve on salad greens if desired. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Chicken Salad
"Great main dish chicken salad. Curry flavor with the fruit really complements each other."
"Curry is wa-a-ay to overpowering for me, so I left it out."
"Could you use a different spice than curry. My family does not like curry flavor. Other than that it was very good. I used cashews as some of the members of my family are allergic to peanuts."
"Nice change for chicken salad - I used half mayo half yogurt and 1tsp curry. Big hit"
"I make this a couple of times each summer, and it's always a big hit!"
"My two teenaged sons love this recipe, and consider it a special treat when I make it for them. Definitely a keeper!"
"I'm glad to find a chicken salad with curry powder in it. I had a similare recipe and lost it. It sounds wonderful."
"Had this at a bridal shower YEARS ago and had lost the recipe! So glad to have found it. Making it again tonight and will NEVER lose the recipe again! DELICIOUS on a hot summer night with crusty rolls."