Tropical Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 can (20 ounces) chunk pineapple, drained
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Salad greens, optional
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts or cashew halves
- Place chicken and celery in a large bowl. Combine mayonnaise and curry powder; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the pineapple, bananas, oranges and coconut; toss gently. Serve on salad greens if desired. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tropical Chicken Salad(7)
Sort By :
Curry is wa-a-ay to overpowering for me, so I left it out.
Could you use a different spice than curry. My family does not like curry flavor. Other than that it was very good. I used cashews as some of the members of my family are allergic to peanuts.
Nice change for chicken salad - I used half mayo half yogurt and 1tsp curry. Big hit
I make this a couple of times each summer, and it's always a big hit!
My two teenaged sons love this recipe, and consider it a special treat when I make it for them. Definitely a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Recipes >