Tortellini and Ham Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute pepper strips in butter until crisp-tender. Add ham and garlic; saute 1 minute longer.
- Combine the cornstarch, broth, basil, parsley and pepper; stir into pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add 2 tablespoons cheese. Drain tortellini; toss with ham mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tortellini and Ham(13)
Sort By :
i just got thru makn this and i made it basicly according to the recipe. i did change the broth to 1 cup and cornstarch to 1 T. Also the package of 3 cheese tortellini was 20 ounces. i did 1 cup of green, red, yellow and orange bell pepper so it was very colorful ;) i used leftover ham from Thanksgiving so it wasnt just canned ham :D i also sauted the garlic with the peppers instead of waiting to add it a little later. its delicious but i will wait and see what my 2 boys will think when they get off the bus lol
Great way to use up leftover ham!
This was exceptionally good. All the basil makes it taste just like a pesto sauce. Could hardly wait to eat it again for lunch. YUM!
Easy, tasted great, and my picky kids ate it!
Wonderful and a great way to use leftover/planed over ham.