- 1/2 cup each chopped carrot, celery and onion
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve tomato basil or hearty tomato soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- In a small saucepan, saute the carrot, celery, onion, basil, oregano and thyme in oil for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add soup and broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in orzo. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until orzo and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Orzo Soup
Sort By :
"Delicious and so easy to make!"
"I make this soup when I am in the mood for a more hearty tomato soup. Even though the base for this is a can of soup, other wonderful ingredients are being added and the soup takes hardly any time at all. That's how a soup recipe can be great even if you use a can of soup to make it!"
"I made this soup for a seven-course meal I was serving. It was a hit! You can saute the veggies and spices, then freeze for later, so the soup can be made in a snap."
"how can this soup recipe be a good recipe when you are using cans of soup to make soup???"
"Even my ultra picky 5 year old ate this! Definitely a winner!!"