“Tender pasta, sauteed vegetables and lots of flavor…this tasty soup comes really close to the tomato rosamarina soup they serve in the best Greek restaurants in Chicago," writes Mary Lu Wasniewski from Orland Park, Illinois. "I like it with a small Greek salad and pita chips. Enjoy!”
Recommended: 40 Recipes for Vegetable Soup
- 1/2 cup each chopped carrot, celery and onion
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve tomato basil or hearty tomato soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- In a small saucepan, saute the carrot, celery, onion, basil, oregano and thyme in oil for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add soup and broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in orzo. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until orzo and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Orzo Soup in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p35
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Orzo Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2014
"Delicious and so easy to make!"
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2011
Reviewed Oct. 3, 2010
"Even my ultra picky 5 year old ate this! Definitely a winner!!"
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2010
"Made a typing mistake in my review. Meant to say that I added 1 1/2 cans of chopped tomatoes with juice."
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2009
"Yummy! Easy! healthy!"