Chili-Basil Tomato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 can (26 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Garnish servings with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups (calculated without cheese): 243 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 9, 2018
This was a very tasty tomato soup for a quick weeknight supper. I paired it with the classic grilled cheese. Great kick and I love the basil!
Jan 7, 2013
It was quick and easy but lacked something. Not much different than campbells tomato with a kick.
Jan 6, 2013
Looks good. Have not tasted it as yet
Jun 22, 2012
The green chilies gave it a nice kick, but the evaporated milk really diminished the hearty tomato taste. It was quick and easy, but not as rich and tasty as I would have hoped.
Mar 13, 2012
SO easy just throw everything into a pot and heat up!!! Just made this for my husband and me for supper. Oh my it is a keeper. He loved it too!!! Made it exactly as the recipe suggested using original Rotel for the diced tomatoes and chillies. Gave it a bit of a kick. Served it with grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches.