Chili-Basil Tomato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 can (26 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Garnish servings with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups (calculated without cheese): 243 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1204mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 7, 2013
It was quick and easy but lacked something. Not much different than campbells tomato with a kick.
Jan 6, 2013
Looks good. Have not tasted it as yet
Jun 22, 2012
The green chilies gave it a nice kick, but the evaporated milk really diminished the hearty tomato taste. It was quick and easy, but not as rich and tasty as I would have hoped.
Mar 13, 2012
SO easy just throw everything into a pot and heat up!!! Just made this for my husband and me for supper. Oh my it is a keeper. He loved it too!!! Made it exactly as the recipe suggested using original Rotel for the diced tomatoes and chillies. Gave it a bit of a kick. Served it with grilled cheese and bacon sandwiches.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.