Diced tomatoes, a little tomato paste and fresh basil combine with onions and mushrooms to make a tasty sauce for sauteed shrimp.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until mushrooms are lightly browned. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add the shrimp, basil, sugar, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Drain spaghetti; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato 'n' Shrimp Pasta in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p227
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato 'n' Shrimp Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review