- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until mushrooms are lightly browned. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add the shrimp, basil, sugar, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Drain spaghetti; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato 'n' Shrimp Pasta(3)
Sort By :
I have made this several times and will also add in some scallops for company. Its a hit with everyone who tastes it. It's a definate company recipe.
So far I have only made this once - but I will make it again. I pretty much stuck to the recipe - but used rice noodles instead of the spaghetti.
I am not a fan of thick sauce for pastas and this was perfect with the chunks of tomatoes and the shrimp. The juice from the tomatoes was all that was needed to coat the spaghetti.
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >