- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. On a lightly floured surface, unroll pizza crust into an 11-in. square. Cut into four squares. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Spoon spinach mixture diagonally over half of each square to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- For each calzone, fold one corner over filling to the opposite corner, forming a triangle; press edges with a fork to seal. Cut slits in top. Combine egg and water; brush over calzones.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Spinach Calzones
Sort By :
These turned out so yummy! We added 2 cloves of garlic. We have to make them again so we can practice folding them so they look pretty!
This was just ok for me. Guess it's my personal taste preference. Maybe it needed a little garlic? But considering how expensive these 3 cheese are, I won't be making it again since I wasn't in love with it.
This was quick and easy; always love that in a recipe! My husband and I are sensitive to salt, and we didn't find it overwhelming in this recipe. I did omit the salt and only added pepper since it has enough salt in the cheese and sauce. I used a spicy marinara sauce. Yum!
I make these often and will continue to make 'em. I've not tried the fontina cheese, but will the next time. Sounds wonderful. keep up the good work ladies and gentlemen for all the wonderful tried and true recipes. God Bless
Thank you for your review. I like when people comment on what they added or substituted. I don't really care about whether it's healthy or not--I, too, can figure that for myself. If you don't like the way it tasted or turned out, then let others know. I usually look for a consensus on whether it was good or not before I try it myself. I love this site because I can usually find recipes that are easy to make with ingrediants that I would normally use in my own recipes.