- 1-1/2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 6 slices provolone cheese, cut in half
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer with a fourth of the white sauce, three noodles, half of the sausage and four pieces each of mozzarella and provolone cheeses. Repeat layers once. Spoon half of the remaining sauce over the top. Layer with remaining noodles, sauce, mozzarella and provolone cheeses; sprinkle with Romano cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Sausage Lasagna
Sort By :
"Words can not desribe how awesome this tasted. As my 12 yr old was eating it she kept saying "wow mom, you gotta make this again". Big big hit in our house"
"My family enjoyed it and it was pretty simple to make. My husband took the leftovers to work!"
"VERY good! I did not know what to expect, but the mixture of the white sauce and different cheeses really make it different and delicious. Not to mention that it is really easy to make!"
"I made this for dinner tonight and really liked it. The lasagna was simple to prepare and turned on well. My friend enjoyed it very much. She insisted on getting the recipe and taking home some leftovers.I'm glad that I tried this recipe. I will make it again."