Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups Tex-Mex Chicken Starter
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken starter; heat through.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomato, onion and cheese. Top with chicken mixture. In a small bowl, combine salsa and vinaigrette until blended. Serve with salad. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tex-Mex Chicken Salad
Sort By :
What is Tex-Mex chicken chicken starter? I live in CA and haven't heard of it. Is there anything you could substitute for it, like maybe chicken taco seasoning mix?