Nancy tops packaged greens with the warm chicken and onion combo, then tosses in tomato, red pepper and shredded cheese to create this colorful salad. An easy dressing of zippy salsa and bottled vinaigrette adds the final flavorful touch.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups Tex-Mex Chicken Starter
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken starter; heat through.
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomato, onion and cheese. Top with chicken mixture. In a small bowl, combine salsa and vinaigrette until blended. Serve with salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Chicken Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p44
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review