- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, onions, 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and onion powder. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in. thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Brush with remaining teriyaki sauce during the last 5 minutes.
- Grill or broil pineapple slices for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve burgers and pineapple on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
I liked it fine, but my DH did not like it at all.
My mom loves beef and wasnt sure about he turkey, but it's healthy and so good! We love it!
Although we usually use ground beef, these are my family's favorite burger recipe. The pineapple on top is wonderful!
I used egg beater and whole grain bread crumbs and it still turned out yummy. Definitely going to make again!
We just made these last weekend, and we can't wait to make these again! They were very moist and had great flavor. Definitely a winner!