- 1/2 to 3/4 pound beef stew meat
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small skillet, brown beef and onion in oil; drain. Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and mustard; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir in parsley if desired. Serve with beef. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tender Beef over Noodles
Sort By :
"Very easy to make and quite good. I doubled the recipe and made it for my daughters as well and the enjoyed it."
"The beef was tender but the sauce had too much of a ketchup taste to it"
"Delicious!!! My husband loved it and has already requested I make it again and I will!But i doubled the noodles to 2 cups which worked out much better. I could see I was going to have a lot of meat mixture, even though I followed the recipe. Wonderful flavor!"
"As granolamomma said this is more of a very mild bbq flavor. I didn't care for it and won't make again."
"Uck..this is the first recipe that i have not like..at taste of home.To sweet,i could not eat it."