- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge chicken. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown the chicken on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add water, cranberries, brown sugar, nutmeg and vinegar if desired. Cook and stir until the berries burst, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is tender, basting occasionally with the sauce. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tart Cranberry Chicken
Sort By :
My whole family loved this chicken. Even my small children really liked it and wanted seconds. It is easy to make and well worth the time.
review forgot the <> would i make this again-- question -- where does the taste come from ???
My family and I love this recipe. I am going to use pork chops for the first time.
I have been using this recipe for years (aquired from one of your magazines) but actually have never made it with chicken, I have always used pork chops, which are fantastic. My favorite "pork chop" recipe.
I love this recipe. Ive made it for the first time for my family when my son was a newborn...I loved it! I make it in the fall/early winter. Cranberry and chicken are my faves. Great combo!