- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper; dredge chicken. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Brown the chicken on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, add water, cranberries, brown sugar, nutmeg and vinegar if desired. Cook and stir until the berries burst, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is tender, basting occasionally with the sauce. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tart Cranberry Chicken
Sort By :
"My whole family loved this chicken. Even my small children really liked it and wanted seconds. It is easy to make and well worth the time."
"review forgot the <> would i make this again-- question -- where does the taste come from ???"
"My family and I love this recipe. I am going to use pork chops for the first time."
"I have been using this recipe for years (aquired from one of your magazines) but actually have never made it with chicken, I have always used pork chops, which are fantastic. My favorite "pork chop" recipe."
"I love this recipe. Ive made it for the first time for my family when my son was a newborn...I loved it! I make it in the fall/early winter. Cranberry and chicken are my faves. Great combo!"