- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- Cut tamales into 3/4-in. slices. Place in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the chili and onion. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup corn chips and shredded cheese. Top with remaining chili and onion.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining corn chips. Arrange cheese slices over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chips are crisp and cheese is melted. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Tamale Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p307
Reviews for Tamale Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2012
"This was good with XLNT fresh tamales and homemade leftover chili."
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2010
"This is a quick and easy recipe with a great flavor. The only thing I added was a dollop of sour cream on my serving."