This simple green salad requires just a few ingredients, yet its blend of flavors and combination of textures make it seem special. You can toss all the ingredients with the basic dressing or dollop it over individual servings. —Sherian Peterson High Ridge, Missouri
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 bunch red leaf lettuce, torn (about 10 cups)
- 1 small red onion, julienned
- 1 block (8 ounces) Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, onion, cheese, olives and bacon. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Serve with the salad. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Tossed Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p29
Reviews for Swiss Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review