Swiss Potato Soup Recipe
This no-fuss spud recipe that bowls over my family. This recipe can be made in the microwave or slow cooker in the morning. Krista Musser, Orrville, Ohio
- 5 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Saute onion in drippings until tender. Add water, potatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Combine flour and milk until smooth; gradually stir in potato mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Swiss Potato Soup in Country Woman September/October 2003, p39
Reviews for Swiss Potato Soup(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review