Field editor Lucille Terry of Frankfort, Kentucky quickly assembles this marinated medley using canned veggies. "It's excellent for potlucks, accompanied by yeast rolls, corn bread muffins or Parmesan cheese squares," Lucille suggests.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) small peas, drained
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (7 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- For dressing, combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 8 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Sweet-Sour Vegetable Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2005, p8
Reviews for Sweet-Sour Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review